Step 1Place chillies, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, rice bran oil and palm sugar in a small food processor; blend until mixture is a smooth marinade. Transfer ½ cup of the marinade to a large salad bowl. Transfer remaining marinade to a medium bowl; add chicken tenderloins and turn to coat.
Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or set a grill pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning and brushing with any remaining marinade, for 6–8 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 3Meanwhile, place noodles in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave noodles to stand for 5 minutes, or until tender. Separate noodles with a fork, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Cut noodles into 10cm lengths.
Step 4Place remaining ingredients in large salad bowl of marinade. Add cut noodles to bowl and toss lightly to combine. Chop cooked chicken roughly.
Step 5Top green mango salad with pieces of chilli chicken and serve.
Can’t find green mangoes? Use a small green papaya.
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 2 teaspoons grated palm sugar
- 12 chicken tenderloins (about 600g)
- 50g vermicelli noodles
- 2 green mangoes, sliced with a julienne peeler
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, sliced with a julienne peeler
- 200g crunchy sprout mix
- 2 cups Asian baby salad leaves (or mixed baby salad leaves)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup Thai basil or mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Energy: 1419kJCalories: 339calProtein: 39.4gFat: 9.8g- saturated: 2.3gCarbohydrates: 17.5g- sugars: 14.4gDietary Fibre: 5.1gSodium: 989mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2.6mg