There are some exercises which people ignore, however, some of the underrated exercises should be given a second chance, especially if you are interested in mixing up your working routine.
Underrated cardio exercises
There are many excellent ways instead of running to get your cardio on. Try these in order to change up your routine.
- Walking – people often undervalue and overlook it. Brisk walks can provide same effects as running. When you walk it will calm you down and also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and other chronic ailments. It puts less stress on the body than running, thus it is great for people who want to burn calories, but need to take it easy, physically. Even if you are an athletic person, a brisk walk will provide lots of benefits. Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Stairs – hit the stairs for a tough workout. In this way you will activate your muscles in the legs to propel you upward, increasing the strength of your legs while you burn calories. If you run the stair you will improve your cardiovascular function and increase your heart rate. You will burn more calories this way than running or walking. Your butt and calves will look fantastic.
- Rowing – this is a great low-impact way to build your upper body strength and burn calories. This is an aerobic exercise which will improve your cardiovascular circulation. It is a full-body exercise which activates muscles across the body, including the legs, shoulders, back, core, and arms. Increase the resistance of the rowing machine to work your muscles more, and lower it to get more aerobic0focused workout.
Underrated stationary exercises
If you want to get a good workout you don’t’ have to leave your house. There are many simple exercises for which you can only hold a pose. You’ll need a yoga mat or another comfortable surface.
- Supermans – you have probably done this exercise. Lying on the floor flat on your belly and rising the arms and legs like Superman is the pose all kids love. The pose is harder to do when we grow older, but this is an amazing workout exercise. In this way you can stretch and strengthen your chest, shoulders, arms, lower back, legs, and core. This is a better exercise than crunches as it will promote good posture.
- Planks – they are great to build strength while encouraging good posture. If they are done properly you will be able to increase your core strength, recover from back injuries, increase endurance, and improve your stability in physical activities. If you increase your stability and strength of the core, you will perform much better in each other exercise that you do.
Underrated weight training exercises
The first thing that comes to your mind when someone mentions weight lifting exercises are bicep curls, bench presses, and squats. There are some exercises which will make your training sessions more effective and well-rounded.
- Deadlifts – this exercise targets your glutes, quads, lower back, and hamstrings. People often overlook it as they think that only muscle-bound advanced lifters can do. This exercise is great for weight lifters at any level and will help you develop practical strength which will make you look great and make it easier to perform the daily lifting tasks.
- Russian kettlebell swing – they are great as they are so versatile, so if you have a quality set of kettlebells you will have a complete home gym. This is an easy exercise which activates the glutes, lower back, hamstrings, legs, and shoulders. Moreover, it is great for the heart rate and burning calories. Do them properly in order to avoid injuries.
It is very easy to repeat the same exercises when you hit the gym. Switching them once in a while will be a great way to keep your body from getting used to the stress you put on it. You will quickly see diminishing returns on your effort if you don’t change your workout. You will keep our body in an excellent shape and you might discover your favorite exercise, too.